Welcome to Creston Valley Trails. It is important to us that you have a safe and enjoyable experience, and that you help us preserve the experience for others. Here’s how:
Awareness of trail designations and conditions
Please be aware that many trails have restricted use categories, for example for horses or snowmobiles. Check the status prior to planning your hike. No motorized vehicles are permitted on any of the trails.
Also be aware that our maps reflect only the trail locations, not the current conditions you may experience as you hike. Please be prepared for your hike and ensure you have left a location document with a contact.
During your hike:
- Stay on the trail. Limit your foot traffic to established trails to minimize damage to fragile ecosystems.
- Some trails border private land. Please be respectful of private land owners.
- Leashed dogs are welcome on the trails.
- Do not disturb wildlife or plants. Keep clear of nesting birds, do not approach or feed wildlife, do not remove vegetation.
- Keep it clean. Carry out all garbage including food scraps and human waste.
After your hike:
- Sharing. Any information that you have learned about the trail that would be valuable to others and can be shared on our website would be most welcome.