Our summer trail crew started on April 28. Work completed to date includes:
- Clearing windfall on the Pack, Rotary, Billy Goat Bluffs and the lower sections of the Sullivan Creek and West Ridge trails.
- Re-staining the trail bench on the Rotary Trail.
- Building two short bypasses on Billy Goat Bluffs to provide alternatives to steep pitches.
Building a bypass for horses in the Fuel Mitigation Block off of Vance Road and 52 Street in Canyon.
- Installing a foot bridge across the washout at km 3.2 on the Pack Trail. Please use caution in this area as the slopes of the washout may not be stable.
- Installing a new foot bridge across Sullivan Creek on the Sullivan Creek Trail.
- Building a picnic site at the old hang gliding site on the West Ridge Trail (2 picnic tables, bench and fire ring).
Trail construction started on the West Ridge extension on June 11. This new trail will start at km 1.3 on the Sullivan Creek Trail and connect to the lower end of the West Ridge Trail that was built in 2019. Once completed this trail will provide a more direct and scenic hike to the old hang gliding site and reduce the one way distance from 4.5 to about 3.5 km.
If you have any questions or comments about the recreational trails managed by the Creston Community Forest please call the office at 250 402-0070 or email Jerry Bauer at email@example.com.