Many public recreation locations have closed due to concerns that gatherings of people may lead to the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Trails for Creston Valley Society has chosen to keep its recreation areas open so people can enjoy the outdoors but users of these areas must strictly adhere to the following rules to avoid having these areas closed by authorities.
To minimize the chance of spreading or contracting the virus, avoid gathering in groups and avoid congested areas.
- Please do not gather in groups at parking lots, trail heads or in recreational areas unless everyone in that group lives in the same household.
- If there are several cars in the parking lot where you have chosen to enjoy the outdoors, please choose a different location or a different day when there are fewer people present.
- At all times, give at least two metres spacing between yourself and others.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
Practice safe recreation and limit the risks you take in order to minimize the chances you will need assistance.
- Recreate and enjoy nature in areas close to home and avoid travelling to take part in these activities as much as possible.
- Let others know where you are going and communicate your return.
Note that the Balancing Rock trail crosses over CVWMA’s land. They have closed their lands and, as a result, they have also closed this trail.